Global Outreach Team
Who are we?
The Global Outreach Team is a ministry at Grace Blue Ridge that meets once a month to:
- Support (prayerfully, tangibly, and financially) missionaries currently in the field
- Raise awareness of the ways that GBR can get involved in what God is doing with his church internationally
Did you know??
- GBR currently supports missionaries in Uganda, Chile, England, North Africa and Haiti
- We also support missionaries who write resources for cross-cultural discipleship, train missionaries for leadership, help lead a missions organization (Serge), and also support Christ School in Bundibugyo, Uganda.
How to get involved:
PRAY: Pray for our missionaries (listed under “Ministries” on website)
SERVE: Join the Global Outreach Team (we meet monthly)
GIVE: Personally support any of our missionaries through monthly or one-time giving. You could also give to GBR (designate “Global Missions”).
GO: Examine your hearts to see if God may be calling you to serve overseas (short-term, long-term). We would love to pray with you.
Jesus said the first and greatest commandment is to "love the Lord your God with all your heart and should and mind...and the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself." In Luke 10, an expert in the law asked Jesus, "who is my neighbor".
WHO IS MY NEIGHBOR?
To answer this question, Jesus told the parable of the good Samaritan, a man who crossed cultural boundaries to care for another who was injured along the road. The Samaritan gave of his own time, energy and financial resources to transport, house and restore this man to health. The Samaritan showed mercy and became a prime example of how we are to treat our neighbors, regardless of differences. Jesus then instructed us to “Go and do likewise”.
The vision of the Local Missions team is to encourage the body at Grace Blue Ridge to show mercy to our neighbors in need.
- Join the Local Missions Team: work alongside other members to encourage the body to meet the needs of our neighbors.
- Volunteer in our “neighborhood”: serving our partners with ongoing needs.
- Be the Local Missions liaison: connecting your small group and a local community partner
- Participate in Mission Hendersonville: a day of outreach to our community.